Cabo San Lucas Journals

Cabo San Lucas for Two

A July 1995 trip to Cabo San Lucas by nvbuchholz

Cabo Wabo Cantina Photo, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico More Photos
Quote: This was a surprise trip that I won on a radio station. It was one of the best times my wife and I ever had.
Hotel Finisterra Photo, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Located on a hill overlooking the city, Hotel Finisterra was known as one of the nicest palces to stay. Unfortunatly, we stayed in the older section of the hotel. Don't get me wrong, it was nice, but the new tower overlooking the ocean was nicer. Our room was quiet, and had a partial view of the ocean. We actually enjoyed a relaxing nap to wake up to seeing the Carnival Cruies Line leaving the area. The restaurant is nice and you are not bothered by any of the vendors. Watch out for the cute hostess that also is a timeshare promoter.

Hotel Finisterra
DOMICILIO CONOCIDO
52-624-14-56700

Whale Watcher

This reastaurant is located in the Hotel Finisterra. It overlooks the Pacific Ocean. I had a steak that was very tender and full of flavor. The restaurant is of high quality.

Whale Watcher
Hotel Finisterra
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Cabo Wabo Cantina

Cabo Wabo Cantina Photo, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
We stopped here the day for a drink. It is famous for being either owned or partially owned by Sammy Haggar of "Can't Drive 55" fame and former member of Van Halen. It was slow the day we were there. We were going to return that evening with others on the trip, but my wife came down with something from eating or drinking.

Cabo Wabo Cantina
Calle Guerrero
+52 624 143 1188

El Squid Roe

This was our favorite place to eat and enjoy the fun. The first night we watched individuals drink sangria while it was being poured into their mouths. (I bet they had one heck of a hangover the next morning). The food was good and we were not concerned about eating the food and drinking the local booze. They say that the water is filtered in most of the restaurants.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 9, 2003

El Squid Roe
Lazaro Cardenas
+52 624 143 0655

After we got married we immediately moved to Las Vegas. This forced us to cancel our honeymoon. With work and a daughter joining us, we could not take a big trip until almost four years later. The break was a trip won on a local radio station. The trip included air, transfers, and hotel at the Hotel Finistera. At one time this was the best to be offered in Cabo, but now there are many new resorts, timeshares, and private homes to rent. Also, the Finistera built a new tower that was a lot nicer. Still it was a very nice trip. I have been trying to convince my wife to take our girls and return to this area of Mexico. I would utilize the RCI timeshare system or stay at one of the newer resorts. We ...Read More