Victoria Journals

Victoria - Sparkling Gem

A July 2001 trip to Victoria by jules3106

Quote: Our Victoria trip was a mix of deep forest, whales in the Pacific Ocean, and city culture. Weather was hot and the ocean was wet. A huge Orca whale came within three feet of us on our whale-watching trip! My daughter, then five-years-old, still talks about that whale.

Craigdarroch Castle

Attraction | "Grey Line Tour of Craigdarroch Castle and Victoria"

Unless you have been to England you may have never had a ride in a Double Decker bus. My five-year-old daughter was very excited to go on the bus tour, and I just wanted a bit of a rest from walking. There's a bit of a sway when you sit on the top, though I know they are perfectly safe, and it gives you a funny feeling. A great view of this beautiful city and you can just about reach out and touch the trees. Lots of historic homes, and information about the history of Victoria and its communities.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on April 4, 2003

Craigdarroch Castle
Victoria

Bike Riding

Attraction | "Ride without peddling"

In Victoria they have individuals who have a bicycle with a seating area - a horse and carriage of a different kind. They work hard for their money, peddling through traffic and going up and down hills. Throughout this trip we enjoyed the conversation and stories the fellow told us. He toured all around downtown Victoria, BC, and identified most of the landmarks and places to visit. He also stopped at a few businesses which provided samples for us to taste or take home. The only mistake we made was not negotiating the price up front before we got in, and so I was a bit shocked at the price. The ride was a bit more than 30 minutes, and cost about $50. In the end, I think it is an experience that was...Read More

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on April 4, 2003

Bike Riding
Downtown and Waterfront
Victoria, British Columbia

Depending which IMAX movies and exhibits are on during your visit, it is a wonderful place with plenty of interesting things. Our personal favorite is the IMAX theatre - any of those movies are worth seeing!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 4, 2003