Rockport Journals

Weekend Getaway in Maine

A December 2002 trip to Rockport by kamryn

Quote: WOW is all I can say. The Samoset Resort is everything and more! I can certainly see why it is a five-star resort and a RCI Gold Crown. My husband and I went with our best friends for a weekend. Great food, great entertainment, and best of all fantastic staff!

Hotel | "Samoset"

Well the unit was lovely, the furniture was beautiful, and the accommodations were cozy. All units have a superb view of the bay and have a patio or balcony, with a patio door from the bedroom and living room. It was very romantic sitting there sipping our champagne that we won from the free bingo and listening to the waves and the sounds of the sea. What a weekend getaway!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 3, 2003

220 Warrenton Street
Rockport, Maine 04856

Restaurant | "Samoset"

Marcels on site at the Samoset is definitly a must-do! Don't miss out on the food--it's great. Most dishes run around the $15.00 mark and much more so don't leave home with out your credit card! But you will enjoy it and the breakfast buffet is super!

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on April 3, 2003

220 Warrenton St
Rockport , Maine 04856

Samoset

Story/Tip

Well what a fantastic experince this weekend getaway was! From the moment we checked in till we checked out, it was super! When we arrived at the check-in at the main clubhouse, which was an awesome with cathedral ceilings made with the original timbers of the first building (which was destroyed by fire and rebuilt--definitely full of history), floors of wood, and a spectacular fireplace. The staff that checked us in were proficent and friendly and on top of their game. When we arrived in our rooms I couldn't believe it--it was like being at home! The accommodations were spotless, the furniture was top-notch, and the deck (which every unit has) includes deck furniture, an entrance from...Read More

About the Writer