Andorra Journals

Andorra - not great if you don't ski!

A March 2002 trip to Andorra by Irishlouise

Quote: I travelled to Andorra in April last year and although it was the most beautiful place that I've seen, I found it didn't have a lot to offer except skiing!
The hotel is of good size and one of the most popular in Arinsal, due to its cleanliness and the quality of the buffet food served there. The staff was (mostly) very civil and happy to help.

The rooms are clean and well equipped with en-suite bathroom and loads of storage space. Most rooms have a balcony looking out onto a wooded mountainside--the balcony would have beeen lovely to sit out on if it hadn't been so cold.

My room, along with most of them, was right beside a roaring mountain river. It was very romantic . . . but the white noise it made got into my head a bit--it had the capacity to drive you slowly insane.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on March 20, 2003

Andorra

Story/Tip

To travel to Andorra, you can fly into Toulouse Airport in France or Barcelona Airport in Spain--either way, you'll get a fantastic 4-hour trip through the Pyrennes! Roads are some of the best in Europe despite going through the mountains and there is some fantastic scenery. In the winter, most people only go to Andorra to ski, as there is very little else to do during the day. However, night time is a different matter. The apres-ski is something else! We stayed in the resort of Arinsal, which boasts buzzing apres-ski and nightlife which was a great value. There is a great selection of restaurants as well as countless bars. Be sure to check these out! I had the great misfort...Read More