Maui Journals

Honeymooner's Paradise

A May 1999 trip to Maui by grrlduda

Quote: Honeymoon planning to Maui? Here's an account of my adventure on this wonderful island.
Right on the beach, we were able to secure a corner room - a mountain plus beach view condo. The condo had a kitchen and everything one would need. It's affordable (MODERATE rates). I was satisfied with our stay there. At the time, were were greated with fruity drinks. You know the one with umbrellas in them. Hopefully, they still have that "welcome" atmosphere. The location for the hotel was at the end of Front Street, so the main highlights of Lahaina are simply walking distance down Front Street. If you want some pictures of the place, I found this site (Mar.14, 2003) that includes photos, 360 tours of the property and living, floor plans, etc. Check it out at ...Read More

Lahaina Shores Beach Resort
475 Front Street
Lahaina, Hawaii 96761

South Pacific Kayaks

Attraction | "South Pacific Kayaks & Outfitters"

We don't want to get lost at sea, so we went with a guided tour and kayaking lessons. We've never kayaked before. It started with dragging the kayaks to the beach. Those things are heavy for plastic! I chose a double seating kayak so my husband can be the strong arm. Luckily for the second half of our kayak expedition, I switched kayaks and rode with our tour guide who did most, if not all, of the paddling back to shore.

South Pacific Kayaks
2439 South Kihei Road
Maui, Hawaii

Club Lanai

Attraction | "Sail to Club Lanai"

Sail to Club Lanai to enjoy a day of activities as you sail on a catamaran to Lanai. The trip includes volleyball, barbecue lunch made by your tour guides, snorkeling, scuba diving, complimentary beer, wine, sodas, and the company of other honeymooners and vacationers.

Club Lanai
Lahaina Harbour, Slip 4
Lahaina, Hawaii 96761
+1 808 871 1144

Oheo Gulch

Attraction | "Take a Dip in the Seven Sacred Pools"

These are fern-shrouded waterfall pools that spill seaward at Oheo Gultch. Some people do some cliff diving here. The water is cold, people, but for those who can withstand cold, you'll be chillin' - literally. A great place for scenery and picnics.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 14, 2003

Oheo Gulch
At the end of the Hana Highway
Hana, Hawaii 96713
No phone available

Old Lahaina Luau

Story/Tip

Enjoy the entertainment of Hawaiian traditional hula dancers, buffet of food, a lei greeting, and long island ice teas! It's a huge evening event - seemed like 100 - 200 people. Enjoy the great outdoors as the event is close to the beach so you can watch the sunset. You will be seated with others (like cafeteria style) and will be able to do some souvenir shopping as local vendors showcase their local jewelry and such. Visit their official website here.

Surfing Lessons

Story/Tip

I believe we went with Maui Waveriders. It was great instruction, but a very exhausting and fun activity. I'll tell you this... after 30 minutes in the water, I was done. Hawaii waves are intimidating! I slept and felt like I hibernated from 5pm - 4am from my weak muscles. But I loved every minute!

Check them out at this website.