Maui Journals

Lovely Maui

A May 2000 trip to Maui by spngy2

Quote: Mere words cannot fully describe the beauty that surrounds you on this wonderful island.

Lovely Maui

There is never enough time to take in all the beauty that surrounds on Maui. The town of Lahania is full of good restaurants and places to buy gifts to bring home. Don't miss the Lulu at the Old Lahania House. It is the best and most authentic show on the island. The hula boys and girls are spectacular, and the food is ok too.We took an all day tour to Hana. We visited the rain forest, Maui's last lavaflow, and many other places during this extensive tour. Hana is a quiet, peaceful place. Quick Tips: If you play golf, don't miss the Ka'anapail course. It is on the ocean and very challenging. Green fees are half price after 2pm. The helicopter trip to the volcano is exciting and well wort...Read More

Westin Maui Resort and Spa

Hotel | "Westin"

The rooms at the hotel are nice. The restaurants are good. The property is not to be believed. It is beautiful. It takes days to fully appreciate and take it all in. There are black swans, beautiful fish, and it is all on the ocean. The service is very good. There is a full spa and you can enjoy massages on the beach. I enjoyed every minute of my stay.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 10, 2003

Westin Maui Resort and Spa
2365 Ka'anapali Parkway
Lahaina, Maui 96761

With all the fine dining establishments in Maui, I always find myself remembering my great "Cheeseburger in Paradise." The place is great - casual, many families, great view, and fun. This was one of the best cheeseburgers I have ever eaten. In the evening, the entertainment is good. I had many good meals in Maui, however, this place was my most memorable. As soon as I return to the island, I'm on my way to Cheeseburger in Paradise.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 10, 2003

Cheeseburger in Paradise
811 Front Street
Lahaina, Hawaii 96761

Road to Hana

This is definitely a whole day tour. You are picked up at the hotel very early in the morning and do not return until around 7pm. The trip includes hotel pickup in a van, breakfast, and a deli-style picnic lunch. You visit Maui's rain forest and waterfalls. I enjoyed this part of the day entirely. What a treat to see the beautiful falls and unblievable flora. The roads are narrow and sometimes dirt. It can be uncomfortable at times. Hana is heavenly and we also visited Lindbergh's grave. I am glad we made the trip.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on March 10, 2003

Road to Hana
Hana Highway
Maui, Hawaii

Old Lahanina Lulu

Story/Tip

You must not miss this Lulu. I had read that it was the most authentic Lulu on the island. I can tell you it is authentic and very informative and entertaining. The entire tradition of the Lulu itself and of Hawaiian history are explained in the most interesting ways. The yound men and woman who perform are very talented and a pleasure to see. When the sun goes down, the show begins with flared boats coming to shore full of entertainers. The entire evening was a unique and delightful experience.