Otter Rock Journals

The Oregon Coast

A February 2003 trip to Otter Rock by robandlynn

Otter Rock Timeshares Photo, Otter Rock, Oregon More Photos
Quote: We spent a relaxing week on the Oregon Coast. The weather was pretty good for February, no rain, but a few cloudy days. It was so nice to stay near the ocean, where you can smell the ocean air and hear the waves.

The Oregon Coast

Otter Rock Photo, Otter Rock, Oregon
The best thing to do is just walk on the beach. It is so relaxing and great exercise! The Otter Rock Inn is just 85 steps to the beach (down a long flight of stairs) and there are tidepools with a plethora of sea anenime, starfish, etc.

If you live within driving distance to the Oregon Aquarium, check out the annual pass. The annual pass is . It was 10.75 for adults and 6.75 for kids for one day We bought a pass and got our money's worth this trip by going a few days. Now whenever we go back it will pretty much be free.

A vehicle is definitely necessary to get from town to town.
Otter Rock Timeshares Photo, Otter Rock, Oregon
Best Things Nearby:Definitely the beach!!! It is 85 steps down to the beach. There are tons of tidepools with starfish, crabs, sea enenime, etc. We also saw seals. In December and January the whales are spotted migrating South.Best Things About the Resort:Location, location, location. Resort Experience:The unit itself was stated as a Gold Crown, but I wouldn't really call it as such. The interior was really out of date and showing a lot of wear. The silverware drawer in the kitchen was broken, so it just flew out when we opened it, so because we have two small children all the silverware was left in a pyrex breadpan on the counter. I really...Read More

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on February 15, 2003

Otter Rock Timeshares
Highway 101
Otter Rock, Oregon

Kyllo's Seafood & Grill Inc

Restaurant | "Kyllo's"

The restaurant overlooks the Pacific Ocean. It is very clean and the seating arrangement is centered towards the view. There are many large, C-shaped tables for 5+ people.

The food is excellent. My husband claims that this restaurant has the best calamari he has ever had, so we frequent this restaurant every trip to the coast.

The restrooms are very mode. There is tile mosaic and groovy work.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on February 15, 2003

Kyllo's Seafood & Grill Inc
1110 NW 1st CT

Mo's Restaurant

Restaurant | "Mo's"

This Mo's restaurant was located near the Yakima Bay in Newport. It was very small compared to the other ones we have dined at. There must have been no more than a dozen tables. It was located across the street from the pier area, so there was no water view. Mo's is supposed to have excellent clam chowder. I'm not a real chowder fan, but the people seated next to us had a huge pot of chowder and a basket of bread brought to their table. We ordered the Halibut Fish and Chips. It was good and reasonably priced. I think it was $11 or so. My kids ordered chicken fingers from the children's menu. They were deep fried, dinosaur shaped. We buy the same ones at Costco, so my kids weren't really im...Read More

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on February 16, 2003

Mo's Restaurant
860 SW 51st St

Chinook Winds Casino & Convention Center

Restaurant | "Chinook Winds Casino"

There are two restaurants at the Casino. We went to the buffet. It was nice to get an assortment of foods and desserts!!! My kids loved the variety. I wouldn't say the quality and taste were excellent, but it was a typical buffet. They had prime rib, ham, some Chinese Food, pasta dishes, salads, few fruits and, of course, dessert. The chocolate cake was excellent according to my daughter.

It was also a bit smokey for us and the kids, so we headed next door to the arcade afterwards.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on February 16, 2003

Chinook Winds Casino & Convention Center
1777 NW 44th St

Oregon Aquarium

Attraction | "Oregon Coast Aquarium"

The aquarium is such a neat place for adults and kids. They have such an assortment of ocean life, many I have never seen or heard of. My daughter's favorite was the chocolate chip starfish!!!

We bought an annual pass for 70 and went twice during the week. The kids loved it and we already got our money's worth. Now whenever we go it is pretty much free.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on February 16, 2003