Morocco Journals

Inspirational,fun & memorable

A March 2000 trip to Morocco by Bo

Quote: My 20 yr. old daughter wanted to go to La Mamounia in Marrakech for her Spring break...I was hesitant & apprehensive...2 women alone in the unknown....it was the best trip of our lives and I am going back this November! Most inormation I read about in guide books or on the Net are not true. It is an extremely safe country, the people are honest and alot of fun and their culture is intruiging. We felt welcome wherrever we went. People are more hospitable in Morocco than here. There was not one negative aspect of our trip..except that the drive from Marrakech to Fez is kind of long. The cuisine is devine.....if a native Moroccan saw what we call couscous, they would crack up. Best Lamb I have ever eaten in my life. I am available to answer questions or help plan a trip there...as I am returning in November and going to just about everywhere, including the Erg chebbi dunes in the Sahara. This is a great country to travel alone, if you have a great guide....

Inspirational,fun & memorable

Marrakech...Jema El Fna @ Nite...just sit at one of the side walk cafes. The mint tea is great. YACOUT is a MUST dinner. Essouira is an easy day trip. Fez is where I had the best Official Guide...who I hired for this Nov. to meet me in Casablanca and we are touring the South for 2 weeks. If going to Morocco, use Abdou Soussi! If any one is interested, I have his #'s. Palais Jamai is an exquisite Hotel in Fes. La Mamounia in Marrakech....this is a very inexpensive country!Quick Tips: I would suggest not taking a pre-packaged tour...it's not necessary. There are always OFFICIAL guides at all major hotels and you can hire a grand taxi (& negotiate the price) for side trips. If you are planni...Read More

Whiski Jack Resorts Ltd

Hotel | "L Mamounia"

Superb. His is a world famous 5 star grand luxe hotel, mag. gardens, pool and the art deco furnishings are exquisite. World class at its best & in walking distance to the famous Jeema el Fna square.

Whiski Jack Resorts Ltd

Marrakech 40040
(212) 524 388 600

Litchfield By The Sea

Hotel | "Palais Jamai"

This is the best hotel in Fez, at the edge of the medina. It was an old palace and was renovated several years ago. Each room has a terrace overlooking the mdeina...this view, especially at nite is worth a million bucks. Has swimming pool and every amenity of a 5 star grand luxe.

Litchfield By The Sea
290 Kings River Road
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Dar Yacout

The most exquisite surroundings. We couldn't decide what was more breathtaking: the cuisine or the atmosphere. It's a must! Like all Moroccan restaurants, this is a 6 course 'Morrocan dinner' and the food is divine! This is the best in Marrakech.