Escondido Journals

Not just for old folks

An August 2002 trip to Escondido by ladybug2957

Quote: One week of extreme resort pleasure!

Welk Resort San Diego

Hotel | "Lawerence Welk Resort Villas"

The two bedroom villa was huge. Both the master suite and the additional bedroom (two single beds) led to the patio. The living room area was open and spacious. The patio led directly to the golf greens. Both bathrooms were huge and well-equipped. It would be a perfect size unit as a retirement condo.

Welk Resort San Diego

Hotel | "Lawerence Welk Resort Viilas"

Best Things Nearby:Close to major highways that lead to Hollywood, Los Angeles, or San Diego. But far away enough to escape the southern California traffic.Best Things About the Resort:The villas are located within the golf course. Each cluster of villas has its own secured pool and hot tub area. The units are huge and well equipped.Resort Experience:This resort was a pleasure to deal with even before we ever got there. We contacted the resort to see if our friends could rent a unit near us. They contacted us immediately stating that it would be their pleasure. We were a group of four adults and seven children. The resort personnel were most wonderful. This wa...Read More

Lawrence Welk Resort Villas

Attraction | "Lawerence Welk Resort"

My friend and I were sitting on the deck of our villa. He said that I should give golf a try. We called the club house and were able to go out that same evening. It got me hooked on a new game - GOLF!

Lawrence Welk Resort Villas