Beaupre Journals

Mt Ste Anne- Skiing delight!

A January 2003 trip to Beaupre by retired teacher

Quote: In addition to wonderful skiing, Quebec City offers fine dining, historical sites, and quaint shopping. A must-do is visiting the Petite Qurtier Champlain in the Vieux (Old) Quebec area.
Best Things Nearby:Mont Ste-Ane Ski Resort, Le Massif (Skiing), and Quebec City.Best Things About the Resort:Close to skiing.Resort Experience:This was the smallest condo I've ever stayed in! If you were using the stove, you couldn't use the sink. The dish washer was minute and not terribly efficient. The bathroom was smaller than my walk-in closet at home. I felt like I was in a dollhouse. There are three levels and the only access is by outside stairs--believe me, in the cold and wind, that third-floor suite was a pain to reach! Lastly, I disliked the management calling during the dinner hour to suggest we attend a presentation. ...Read More

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on February 2, 2003

Club Vacances Toutes Saisons
355, rue Dupont

Camarine La Restaurant

Restaurant | "Le Camarine"

In this reconstructed Québécoise farmhouse, the food and service are exquisite. The menu features creative and beautifully presented appetizers and entrées. Each one is a work of art!

Not to be missed is the artichoke appetizer or venison carpaccio. The filet mignon was so tender that no knife was needed. From my viewpoint, dessert is the pièce de resistance! Try the hot maple soufflé or a praline-coated hazelnut ice cream.

If you must pick only one restaurant while in the area, choose Le Camarine.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on February 2, 2003

Camarine La Restaurant
10947 Boulevard St. Anne
(418) 827-1958

Mt Ste Anne

We are in love with this mountain. There has never been a time when we were disappointed due to lack of snow, even when the slopes in the US were barren. The trails are long, the waiting minimal, except during Christmas week. One great advantage is the covered quad lift which protects you from the cold and is a dream to access due to slower speed when loading. The gondola is very efficient and provides panoramic views of the St. Lawrence. There are three other lifts as well as 2 J-bars on the south and west side. Many fine instructors can hone your skills, and there is adequate child care and Ski Wee available. The summit lodge provides very tasty entrees and snacks (poutine is my...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on February 2, 2003