Everglades National Park Journals

Holiday in Holiday Park

A travel journal to Everglades National Park by Roving Rosario

Quote: The Everglades have so much to offer if you know where to look.

Holiday in Holiday Park

If you just love being out there you'll love this.

Don't forget the sunscreen.

Picnicing

Restaurant | "Picnic at Holiday"

Grab yourself a table and a grill and cook up the days catch. Sit under one the large shade trees and reflect on your day. If you need something to go along with your fish there is a restaurant and a general store.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on September 11, 2000

Picnicing
Holiday National Park

Fishing

I took my boys out there fishing off the dock. We caught many fish in the few hours we were there. I don't know a thing about what kind of fish we caught. We used worms as bait. The important thing for me was that my sons had the opportunity to get out of civilization for a little while, and I was able to get there in 15 minutes from my home.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on September 11, 2000

Fishing
Holiday Park

Boat Trips

Attraction | "Boating"

Going out into the Everglades on a boat alone with one child was strange for me. Once I was out there and we made one turn or another and I realized that I really was 'out there' in the eight foot or so high sawgrass, in a boat with the alligators and who knows what, the feeling was surreal. But we managed a good day of fishing, and when I was able to navigate the boat back to safe harbour I had a real feeling of achievement.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 11, 2000

Boat Trips
Flamingo City

Big Foot

There are several air boats at Holiday National Park. We had the fortune to ride Big Foot. A monster of an air boat. The ride included a stop at a seminole village, where there was alligator wrestling, and souveniers. If you get hungry there is a snack shop which offers a variety of drinks and eats. The fried alligator tail is a must try.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 11, 2000