Innsbruck Journals

Two days in Innsbruck

Best of IgoUgo

A September 1994 trip to Innsbruck by superpurd

Quote: Our big adventure in Innsbruck was climbing the mountain. It is a nice little city in the Alps, a former winter olympics site.

Two days in Innsbruck

The mountains are beautiful and the view from the top is awesome. If you don't wish to hike, there are cablecars to take you to the top

Walking will get you everywhere, it is not a big city. If you don't want to walk, cabs are available and reasonable.

Hotel Alt

Hotel | "Hotel Alt - Pradl"

Very nice room with a shower, TV, extra bed, a table nook and windows all around the nook. The hotel appeared to be new. The room was very modern. Great view of the mountains from there. We were on the third floor, but the hotel had an elevator. This seemed to be rare in the places we had stayed so we appreciated it. The hotel had a small restaurant and bar.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on September 10, 2000

Hotel Alt
In the city
Innsbruck, Austria

Weißes Kreuz

Restaurant | "Weisses Kreuz"

The restaurant was built in 1440. You can sit inside or outside. We sat outside with a great view of the mountains. Noticed lots of people walking the mountain. Decided we would try it the next day. My wife had spaghetti while I had a meat plate with fries. Food was good, price was reasonable, view was great.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 10, 2000

Weißes Kreuz
Herzog-Friedrich-Straße 31
Innsbruck, Austria 6020
+43 512 573880

Goldenes Dachl

The name means golden roof which is what it is. Apparently Maximilian watched tournaments of knights from this place and had something fancy built so everyone would know it was his place. I was expecting something more impressive than what we saw, but I guess a gold roof is a gold roof.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on September 10, 2000

Goldenes Dachl
Herzog-Friedrich-Straße 15
Innsbruck, Austria 6020

Climbing

Attraction | "Climbing the Mountain at Innsbruck"

We decided to do this, because we heard a rather large lady saying she had done it. (I think she lied) We found the start of the trail and talked to an experienced hiker who gave us some good advice --take your time and don't overdo it. We walked for well over an hour (with a couple of stops) when my wife was getting very tired. Then we heard some music playing and followed a path that led to an Inn halfway up the mountain in the middle of nowhere. It was packed with people. We eventually got ourselves a drink and a snack and after a rest, continued our journey to Seegrube (1905 metres up) Thel first part of the hike had mainly been on roads, the second part was just a trail including a part tha...Read More

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on September 11, 2000