Treasure Island Journals

Summer fun in Treasure Island, FL

An August 2002 trip to Treasure Island by Trish.h

Quote: My family goes to the west coast of Florida every year and it is like a second home. This trip was especially fun with my niece and nephew along.

Summer fun in Treasure Island, FL

Treasure Island in the summer is great. The Sand Pebble resort is right on the beach and was great for just relaxing or for chasing the seagulls. One of the most fun days we had was when we went to Fort DeSoto Park, which has been voted one of the 10 best beaches in the US. Not only can you do some great shelling here because of the sand bars, but there is also a historic fort that is fun to look around. Bring water and picnic for this trip - there were plenty of picnic tables around the park.

You definitely need a car for the area. There is so much to see and do around the area that makes a car necessary.

Sand Pebble a Shawnee Family Resort

Hotel | "Sand Pebble Resort"

Best Things Nearby:The resort sits right on the beach. Treasure Island has gorgeous white sand beach that go on for miles. We spent a few days just wandering the beach. Sand Pebble is just south of John's Pass which was just a small marina once-upon-a-time and is now a large shopping area that offers some unique shops and dining experiences.Best Things About the Resort:Sand Pebble is in a great location. It is convenient to get to downtown St. Pete and many other areas nearby. Resort Experience:The units themselves are not the most luxurious I've stayed in, but for a beach property, the unit was very well-maintained. The unit we stayed in was very large -- u...Read More

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on December 31, 2002

Sand Pebble a Shawnee Family Resort
12300 Gulf Blvd
Treasure Island, Florida 33706

Salt Rock Grill

Restaurant | "Salt Rock Grille "

Salt Rock Grille is a wonderful restaurant. Everyone enjoyed their meal from my 11-year-old nephew to my mother. The menu offers a wide range of dishes ranging from dungeness crab and tuna sashimi to meatloaf. We had coconut shrimp for an appetizer that was wonderful. One of the specials the night we were there was a crab stuffed fillet mignon that was fabulous. I would go back to the restaurant again and again. The service was also excellent.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on December 31, 2002