Branson Journals

a "good deal" get-1 way

A November 2001 trip to Branson by jerry joseph

Quote: we wanted a close (within a day's drive)vacation that would provide ample space in accomodations and a decent value for golf, and close to other activities as well. We found a place that fit most of those wants!

a "good deal" get-1 way

Six of us, using two spacious, two bedroom units, had a great time in and around Branson. We would golf in the morning at the off-season price of (with cart), drive the scenic hills surrounding Branson, and then take in a show. While not country western fans, we found the shows great entertainment, and particularly liked the "Back to the Fifties" show. Our dining was highlighted by a great meal with even better viewing at the "Top of the Rock", a restaurant overlooking beautiful Table Rock Lake and next to the famous Jack Nicklaus nine hole golf course by the same name. Quick Tips: Have a car. Leave time for just driving around to see the countryside. You will be surprised how much ...Read More

Top of the Rock Restaurant

Restaurant | "Top of the Rock"

We have eaten in nice places throughout the US and much of the world. We enjoyed this meal more than most.

The view is wonderful, the service was good, and I loved the alfredo with chicken. It is the best I've ever had, and I've made it a point to return twice for that same meal. The mashed potatoes my wife had were also fabulous. Sorry, snobs, but for my money, and tastes buds, the Top of the Rock beats anything I had in England, France, Australia, Fiji, Ireland, and many other places. But I hope you do not go there, as I will return there and I do not want them overcrowded or raising their prices.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on November 3, 2002

Top of the Rock Restaurant
Highway 86
Branson, Missouri 65739

Holiday Hills Resort & Golf Club

Attraction | "holiday hills"

The course is average in length and level of difficulty. It is a good course to play to sharpen your game if it is rusty, as it is open daily. There are ample opportunities to lose a ball, and water may collect a couple of your shots. You will not get to use your long irons/fairway woods if you hit a decent tee shot, as only a couple of holes are long enough for that.

The course is fairly open, so a wayward tee shot will not hurt you on most holes. The par three 14th is a pretty and challenging hole with a severe drop with danger all around.

Houses around the course, thankfully, will not be a hazard except for the very worst of bad shots.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on November 3, 2002