Kauai Journals

Krazy in Kauai

A September 2002 trip to Kauai by jkn

Quote: With the "Ultimate Kauai" guide book in hand we set out to see how much of the island we could experience. Learned Kauai was bigger and had more activities than we imagined.

Krazy in Kauai

We stayed at the Kaeo Kai in Princeville. If all the units are like ours PAHIO needs to do some major renovations. It was nice to be able to use the facilities at the other PAHIO resorts. My favorite activity was the beginners scuba lesson held in the pool of our resort. I took me nearly the entire time just to convince my brain to breathe underwater. It was so much fun I've decided to look into getting certified. The other highlight was the boat trip up the Na Pali coast. Be sure you take off your sunglasses to look at the cliffs; otherwise you don't see the true colors. We did take the "must do" helicopter tour and didn't think it was worth the money. My most memorable event was eating the "...Read More

Mixed Plate

This is a take out place that has a variety of island foods and rice. Very cheap place to get your fill of kalua pig. Plan on storing left overs.

Mixed Plate
Mainstreet
Kauai, Hawaii

Zelo's Beachhouse

Restaurant | "zelo's"

This is the only restaurant we ate at that was a disappointment. The service was terrible and the food over priced though not bad. Not exceptional either and not much of it. Not worth your time or money.

Zelo's Beachhouse
5-5190 Kuhio Ave.
Kauai, Hawaii 96714

Polynesian Cafe

This place is billed as gourmet food on a paper plate and the definition fits. This is where I had the raw ahi (even though I had expressed that I would really need my fish cooked). I maintain that if I was blind and didn't know what I was eating I would have really enjoyed it. Very generous portions. Consider sharing an entree.

Polynesian Cafe