Lake Tahoe Journals

A Bluebird Day

A January 2002 trip to Lake Tahoe by Seano

Quote: Winter in Tahoe is one of the most amazing things I ahve ever experienced. Natual beauty surrounds you. There is no shortage of activities to keep you going. This includes things from skiing to gambling. It's a hard place to leave.

A Bluebird Day

I went for the skiing. I stayed at the Tahoe Beach and Ski Club which was conveniently located very close to Heavenly Ski Resort. It could take no more than 10 minutes to go from bed to lift! I drove to Tahoe from the Reno airport. The first view of the lake is really awe-inspiring. You come around the proverbial bend in the road and you are hit with this vision of blue. I thought that view would be hard to beat until I rode some of the lifts at Heavenly. The place is aptly named. While riding one lift with a ski instructor, I marvelled at the view of the pure white snow capping mountains against a perfect blue sky. He explained that view made it a perfect Bluebird Day. And every day after that was a ...Read More

Heavenly Ski Resort

Attraction | "Heavenly"

Skiing at Heavenly is part athletic and part aesthetic. One cannot help but be amazed by the surroundings. I am a low intermediate skier and had no problems finding appropriate trails of appropriate length. There were some green trails that were long and winding with a few challenges thrown in for good measure. Easier trails are located all throughout the mountain so I was not relegated to the bottom sections. Certainly there are trails like The Face made for braver souls than me. Having only skied on the East Coast prior to my visit, I was prepared to be intimidated. That was not the case at all. (Although taking the ski lift down from some of the higher altitude trails took some getting used to.)

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on October 4, 2002