Napa Valley Journals

Napa Valley Activities

A June 2000 trip to Napa Valley by JodiJill

Quote: Napa has plenty to do, then there is the wine tasting too.

Napa Valley Activities

My trip was highlighted by the Napa Valley Wine Train, a Balloon Ride, the Charles Krug Winery and relaxation.

There is a lot of tasting going on in the Valley, but plenty to do as well. Make sure you plan ahead so you can relax when you get to your final Napa destination.

I splurged a bit and decided on getting the limo treatment. It wasn't too pricey and I had a great time.
The spacious hotel was worth all the money for the stay. We had a nice size suite with a fireplace and whirlpool tub. There was a free breakfast and plenty of kind service. It was such a nice experience.

Rancho Caymus
1140 Rutherford Road
Napa Valley, California
1(800) 845-1777

Napa Valley Grille

Restaurant | "Napa Valley Grill"

This was a restaurant the accomidations suggested to us when we asked for a recommendation and I am glad we asked. The food was a tadbit expensive, but the portions and taste made it worthwhile. I had a fish place with these amazing vegetables sauted (never have tasted vegetable like that). The boast of having hundreds of wines to choose from and their wine menu is elaborate.

Napa Valley Grille
6795 Washington St
Yountville, California 94599

Napa Valley Museum

This was a neat little museum that you could learn more about the Napa Valley and the history of wine. I thought making the spirits was a simple process, but this nifty place gave an opportunity to share how the process works, down to the chemical concerns. There are parts that cover the arts and culture of the area too.

Napa Valley Museum
55 President' s Circle
Yountville, California 94599
+1 707 944 0500

Bonaventura Balloon Company

We got the chance to view the valley from above with a wine glass in one hand and a sandwich in the other. It was quite an experience and view was spectacular. We were able to see the fields spread for miles and look at the different terrain that gives the fruit.

This was such a highlight for my trip. Getting the chance to be with friends and we all experienced a remarkable opportunity. I could see anyone, especially couples enjoy this chance.

Bonaventura Balloon Company

Napa Valley, California
1-800-FLY-NAPA

Napa Valley Wine Train

We had the chance to drink and train on our visit. It was a different take than the balloon ride, but just as enjoyable. You would be surprised where you can take spirits and this is no exception.

The ride includes lunch, dinner or brunch. I went with friends on the lunch excursion. We had some of the Valley's finest drinks along with a great dinner. The food was awesome and melted in your mouth.

Outside we watch the scenery roll by and took in the beauty. This is another great opportunity in the Napa Valley Area.

Napa Valley Wine Train
1275 McKinstry St.
Napa, California 94559

di Rosa Preserve

This museum is a chance to see contemporary art in a guided tour. The pieces are presented to further allow the guests to imagine and review.

If you like art this is a great place to go. I am not much of an art person (viewing that is) but found myself thinking about the place long after I left.

di Rosa Preserve