Orlando Journals

Magic Kindom - Fun for all Kids

A May 2000 trip to Orlando by JodiJill

Quote: This highlights some of my fun in the park while visiting. I have included a few pointers to have a great time at the park.

Magic Kindom - Fun for all Kids

I really enjoyed the haunted house, Dumbo the flying elephant ride, splash mountain and Peter Pan's flight. Down Main Street I was able to view the Magical Moment Parade which was delightful.

There are six parts to the park and Main Street USA. I suggest, if you get the chance, to check the Disney website to make sure all the rides are working. Fixing rides was common on my trip, but I planned around that by using this current information.

This park is easily accessable from all the buses, ferries, boats and the monorail. Once you get into the park be prepared to walk and walk and walk.

Plaza Restaurant

Restaurant | "The Plaza Restaurant"

We had lunch at the Restaurant, and it wasn't too bad - just expensive for the food. The food here is basic with a few special dishes, but the nice thing is it is simple and pretty.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on August 23, 2000

Plaza Restaurant
Magic Kingdom
Walt Disney World, Florida
(407) WDW–DINE

We had the talked up ham and cheese lunches and baked pie. The atmosphere was better than the food by far. The food wasn't the greatest, but it was okay and the kids loved it (which is all that mattered.)

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on August 23, 2000

Aunt Polly's Dockside Inn

Walt Disney World, Florida
(407) WDW–DINE

Walt Disney World Resort Magic Kingdom

Attraction | "Peter Pan's Flight"

This ride, by far, is my favorite ride in the Fantasyland area. It highlights the story of Peter Pan in a unique fashion: you look down. Once on the ride, you are swiftly moved through the air and allowed to see the city below. Again, moving from one side to the other, you see the battles of the crew and invision yourself as the child. Sights combined with sounds, make it seem real. Most of the rides at the park are at eye level or higher, but being you looked below it presented a new angle to the story: seeing like the character did. I really enjoyed it and decided to take the ride again. On the second time around I saw all the details and int...Read More

Interstate 4 At U.S. Highway 192
Orlando, Florida

Walt Disney World Resort Magic Kingdom

Attraction | "It's a Small World Ride"

I have to admit I am mushy at heart and was delighted to get to see the 'Florida' version of 'It's A Small World.' As you probably imagine to get to all those countries in such a short time, you need to travel by boat. Ask to sit in the front if you can, it means you can take better pictures and see everything without a head in front. My favorite part of the ride has to be the Scottish guy. He stands all alone, twirling in circles with his bagpipes going at full speed. I don't know if all the languages singing in the ride actually translate into 'It's a Small World,' but the song really gets stuck in your head. Details of thi...Read More

Interstate 4 At U.S. Highway 192
Orlando, Florida

Tiki Rooms isn't just for the birds

Story/Tip

This show is brand new and quite impressive. The birds on the show perform Tropical Serenade which lasts around ten minutes. I really liked the show as it gives an interesting perspective from a bird's eye view (I couldn't help myself.) Sitting in these kind of uncomfortable pews, you crank your head up to watch the show. Above, the birds chirp and sing to entertain. There are birds above, on the sides and the walls talk too in the show. The music is catchy and you can find yourself getting lost in music. A few things you need to know about the show is that there is security inside the performance. There is no flash photography and they do activ...Read More
Ahoy, Mate! The pirates are abounding at the Pirates of the Caribbeans ride. This is a little bit of a scary ride as the drop was unpredictable, but you should go to better your understanding of pirates.

I enjoyed the fight scenes, pirates, and the music on the ride, and to better the experience, I suggest sitting on the front.

This is a great ride for older kids and adults, but I don't suggest it for the younger kids as it does have plenty of swords and fights.

Tips for Disney

Story/Tip

A few things I wanted to share so your experience would be fun are the following:

1. Don't forget to check the Disney website before you leave on your trip. Look to see the rides that are being fixed, special events and the like.

2. Expect to stand in line. Once you know where the lines are, hit those ride earily. Then you can enjoy the day without waiting too long.

3. Get the free flyer and bring a pen. So you don't get lost, cross off the rides you have done and draw a line around the park to know where you are at.

4. Don't buy stuff right away in the morning. Save your arms and buy in the evenings.