Santa Cruz Journals

Roller Coasters and the sea in Santa Cruz

An August 2002 trip to Santa Cruz by thalakola

Quote: Imagine walking down the beach on beautiful sand, taking a dip in the ocean, lying down in the sun in the morning and then playing golf and going on a roller coaster ride in the afternoon. This isn't a dream. Welcome to santacruz, where you can do this and more.

Roller Coasters and the sea in Santa Cruz

Besides lying to down on the beach, one can get on the giant dipper for an unforgettable roller coaster ride.

I would recommend that you there by 10 AM to avoid the crowds.

The Santa Cruz beach boardwalk is one of oldest beachfront amusement parks in California and was originally built in 1907. The popular attractions besides the beach, are 1924 Giant Dipper wooden roller coaster and the 1911 Loff Carousel. There are lots of other rides too. I would recommend the Giant Dipper roller coaster ride, Hurricane roller coaster ride, Sky Ride and Virtual ride simulator. I have been on all these rides and enjoyed them. I would recommend going to the beach before 10 AM to avoid the crowds. Besides the rides, there are indoor attractions - Neptune's Kingdom, Sector 7, Casino Fun Center and Surf Bowl for bowling. I enjoyed playing the two-story miniature golf course in Neptu...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on June 16, 2002

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
400 Beach Street
Santa Cruz, California 95060

Getting There

Story/Tip

I went to Santa Cruz on the 8th of June 2002. From the north, I took 85 south and then 17 south to get to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Highway 17 takes you through mountains and you have to drive carefully for about 8 miles or so.
Photos for this travel journal can found at http://photos.yahoo.com/vthalakola If you like my travel journal, please contact me at vthalakola@yahoo.com. I hope to hear from you.