Anaheim Journals

Disney

A May 2002 trip to Anaheim by robandlynn

Quote: We got a 4 day park hopper pass and walked all day, rode all the kiddie rides

Disney

Disneyland & California Adventure.

Orange County Airport is only 15 minutes away. Hopper tickets are available thru the condo, so I would call for pricing. We purchased ours online at disney.com.

We took the shuttle from our condo to get to Disneyland, California Advenure and Downtown Disney. The shuttles were very convenient. It was a little walk to get to the bus stop. It was on Harbor Blvd. The shuttles ran every hour or every half hour depending on the time of day. The bus drivers take their lunch and dinner breaks, so no buses run during that time.

Dolphin's Cove Resort

Hotel | "Dolphin Cove"

Best Things Nearby:Disneyland - two blocks away California Advenure Downtown Disney BeachesBest Things About the Resort:We liked that there was a full kitchen and was very close to Disneyland. They also provided continental breakfast every day.Resort Experience:The pool was a standard rectangular pool, nothing really fancy. There was one heated hot tub and one unheated one. There seemed to be a lot of activities scheduled on site, but we didn't have any time to check them out. We requested an upstairs unit, since the ones upstairs have vaulted ceilings. You can also request a king size bed and nonsmoking units. I ...Read More

Dolphin's Cove Resort
465 West Orangewood Avenue
Anaheim, California 92802

The food was recommended by Dolphin's Cove. They deliver up until 9pm, so don't call at 8:50 because they won't deliver. It was nice to have a fast and easy dinner after a day at Disneyland. The food was not bad, but not really good. The house special chow mein was a bit greasy. The orange chicken was pretty good though.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on May 23, 2002

Grand China Restaurant
575 West Chapman Avenue

Islands Restaurant

Restaurant | "Islands"

The restaurant was on the outskirts of a mall. They specialized in gourmet hamburger. They had all types of burgers. The fries were very good, but when are fries bad? It reminded me of Red Robin. I had the Chinese Chicken Salad and it was very good.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on May 23, 2002

Islands Restaurant
5220 Moreno Street
Anaheim, California 91763

Disneyland Park

Attraction | "Disneyland"

Disneyland was a lot of fun for our family vacation. There were rides for us, my teenage neices, and our toddler. The fastpass was a nice addition to reduce the amount of time standing in line. The only problem was that we could only get one fastpass at a time. The single line on Indiana Jones was definitely faster than the fastpass if you don't mind riding with strangers. We usually ended up riding together though. The baby center at the end of Main Street was excellent. I was able to change and feed our baby throughout the day. Our toddler loved to use the miniature potties also. There are separate areas inside the center for changing, nursing, and feeding. The...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on May 19, 2002

Disneyland Park
1313 South Harbor Blvd.

Disney California Adventure Park

Attraction | "California Adventure"

I really liked the California theme. Each section had tidbits of information regarding California. There is supposed to be a new section opening this summer for the little people, which should be a nice addition, since there wasn't a whole lot for my daughter to do.

I enjoyed the bread and torilla tour in the cannery section. California Adventure also has a Baby Center that I used many times to feed and change our baby. My toddler loved the miniature potties also. The Center was air conditioned and very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Disney California Adventure Park
1600 Disneyland Drive

Newport Beach

Newport Beach is very close to Anaheim. It took us about 20 minutes. The beach was nice and clean. There was a lifeguard on duty. Parking was a little hard to get. I think my husband circled the area a dozen times. The water was a little cool for me, but my neices and daughter played in the water for hours and had lots of fun, fun, fun. There were some nice restaurants and shops across from the beach.

Newport Beach