Posted by matera on March 15, 2011
Here's an idea on spending your free time in Ukraine.
Only several days are left to the festival of White Wine in Beregovo, Transcarpathia. It is the region of unique beauty, interesting traditions and wine making culture. About 150 000 tourists come to visit the wine festivals of Transcarpathia every year.
The list of festivals:
- The first and the most popular is "Chervene Vyno” ("Red Wine”) Festival. It takes place in Mukachevo, one of the most fascinating towns of the region on the 14th of January (the so called Basil’s Day)
- The town of Berogovo hosts the second festival of the year - "Bile Vyno” ("White Wine”). It‘s always in spring, and this time you can visit it on March 4-6.
- "Soniachnyj Napij” ("Sunny Drink”) Festival takes place in Uzhgorod, the capital of the region, on May 1.
- "Ugochans’ka Loza” ("Ugochans’k Vine”) is the summer festival in Vynogradovo.
- "Zakarpatskie Bozhole” ("Transcarpathian Beaujolais”) is the final festival of the year, the festival of new wine, taking place in Uzhgorod in autumn.
Transcarpathia has got great climate conditions, so it is a common thing for a local farmer to own a small winery. Some of them invite tourists for wine tasting. You can also learn about the wine history of the region, local peculiarities of growing vine and wine making:
The Wine Cellar of Karl Kosh
52 Rakovtsi Str.
The Wine Cellar of Kovach Family
64 Turianytsi Str.
The Wine tasting Room of Ivan Ursta
125 Gazlo Str.
Velyki Beregy Village
500 words or less