· Lyman House Museum - where you can learn about the multi-cultural history of the Big Island
· Waianuenue Falls - an 80 foot waterfall with colorful rainbows of mist
· Wailuki River State Park - the park popular attractions are the Boiling Pots area at end of Pe'epe'e Falls and the Rainbow Falls.
· Hilo Farmers' Market - the gathering place of the local artists and farmers from all five Hawaiian Islands. You will find splendid orchids, heliconias and other cut flowers for sale, plus exotic produce such as pineapple, papaya, mango, guava, sour sop, sabote, etc.
· Suisan Fish Market – where the fish auction goes on every morning
· Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens – one of the most beautiful places in Hawaii. As you wander the trails throughout the Garden, you pass through wild orchids, coconut groves, mango and monkeypod trees, palm jungles and a giant fern tree forest, waterfalls, streams and at several points you even reach the ocean. The garden has over 2000 species of plants.
Results 1-5of 5 Reviews
Los Angeles (Woodland Hills), California
January 26, 2005
From journal One Week Around The Big Island
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa
October 21, 2003
From journal Hawaii-The Big Island
colorado springs, Colorado
May 7, 2003
From journal Big Island Hawaii
Middle Village, New York
April 23, 2003
From journal Shell Vacations Club @ HOLUA RESORT AT MAUNA LOA V
August 20, 2001
From journal Our Most Favorite Island in Hawaii