Giovanna A. Garlati
Voting Begins in First-Ever
IgoUgo Photo Feud Contest
Two-week voting period opens to determine
the Web’s best travel photos
New York, NY June 1, 2007
Voting begins today for IgoUgo’s Photo Feud Contest. IgoUgo is one of the most popular online travel communities in the world, and for the past two weeks, the Photo Feud has challenged anyone with award-worthy travel photos to submit them to the site. Beginning today, users will be able to vote for their favorites in a head-to-head contest to determine the best of the best.
- Registered IgoUgo members (registration is free) will have from now through June 15 to vote for their favorite photos. Users can return to the site every day to vote for their favorites in one-on-one face-offs with other submitted photos.
- The Feud pits two photos against one another, and users will be prompted to select their favorite. After choosing one, their vote will be tallied, and two new photos will appear.. The voting continues as such until no more photos are left. In the end, the photo with the most votes wins.
- The grand prize is a 6-day/5-night trip for two (airfare and hotel included) to the winner’s choice of one of the following Mexico destinations: Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, Cozumel, or Cancun. The second prize is a $250 gift certificate to GiftCertificates.com, and five runners-up each win a $50 gift certificate to lastminute.com. Also part of the Photo Feud contest is the Photo Feud Participation Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). One participant will be randomly selected as the winner and will receive a 6-day/5-night trip to London for two (airfare and hotel included); participants are entered by submitting photos or voting in the Photo Feud. No purchase is necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited.
- Restrictions apply. Complete rules are available at www.igougo.com.
"We’re really excited to kick off the first-ever IgoUgo Photo Feud Contest. People who are passionate about travel have already made IgoUgo their online destination to share stories, experiences, and photos with like-minded travelers, and the Photo Feud Contest will bring together the best amateur travel photos out there into one online exhibit," said Peter Campion, General Manager of IgoUgo.
IgoUgo Community at a Glance
- IgoUgo boasts 350,000+ members worldwide and growing
- IgoUgo includes 300,000+ reviews and 250,000+ photos posted by members for more than 5,500 destinations around the world
- An editorial staff to review and rate all member-submitted content
- Contributing members rewarded with IgoUgo GO PointsSM redeemable for online gift certificates and frequent-flyer miles
IgoUgo (http://www.igougo.com) is one of the most popular online travel communities in the world. Its 350,000 members—all passionate travelers—share firsthand travel experiences, advice, and photos, with candid tips and inspiring stories covering more than 5,500 destinations. Site users can search by keyword to find reviews by like-minded travelers, as well as destination guides and helpful links. Members can easily contact one another to ask questions, exchange information, and build friendships without geographic bounds. In return for writing reviews, IgoUgo members accrue valuable points redeemable for gift certificates and frequent-flyer miles. IgoUgo has garnered top industry honors, including the honor of being named one of Forbes’ "Best Travel Sites" in 2006, a Webby Award for "Best Travel Site in the U.S.," a "Top Travel Site" ranking from USA Today, and "Best Travel Community" and "Top Travel Site" commendations from Yahoo Internet Life.
- June 2000: Co-founded by Tony Cheng and Jim Donnelly
- 2002: Named one of the “Top Five Travel Sites” and the “Top Travel Community” by Yahoo Internet Life
- 2002: Named one of the "Top Travel Sites” by USA Today
- May 2004: Won Webby Award for "Best U.S. Travel Website"
- April 2005: Acquired by Sabre Holdings (NYSE: TSG)
- March 2006: Named one of the “Best Travel Sites” by Forbes magazine
- October 2006: Became a Travelocity emerging brand